Corporate and Commercial Services
The Firm has and retains a highly skilled and highly qualified staff who have training and practice experience in various areas of Corporate Transactions, commercial and Finance and Financial Law advisory.
Over time the firm has been retained to advise a cross section of clientele in the Telecommunications industry including telecommunications Regulation, Banking services industry, the Mining Sector in Uganda, the Insurance industry including regulation, among others.
The firm has advised on a multitude of corporate, commercial and finance transactions.
This Department is also charged with services relating to;
- Domestic and international syndicated loan agreements
- Negotiation of bank loans and preparing of loan agreements
- Asset securitization such as debentures, mortgages and other charges
- Setting up and organization of mutual funds management companies
- Debt restructuring and debt recovery services
- Capital market transactions
- Trade finance and letters of credit
- Guarantees and Performance Bonds
- Insurance and reinsurance contacts and litigation
- Floatation’s and acquisition of companies
- Mergers and de-mergers
- Share holder arrangements
- Corporate finance and statutory corporate compliance and joint ventures
- Liquidation and insolvency
- Local and international trade transactions
- Procurement of goods and services
- Company secretarial work including director’s duties, board matters and filing of board resolution
- Debt recovery