On Friday 25th May 2018, the Birungyi, Barata and Associates Staff carried out an outreach for the people in Buwama Bunjaako. We partnered with UHMG, Uganda Cares, Colgate, Picfare and Nkozi Hospital.
Purpose for carrying out the outreach;
- To help the needy people in Buwama
- To give the people in Buwama free legal advice in practice areas for example in Land and Family.
- This is our corporate social responsibility as a firm.
Activities carried out:
- Giving legal aid
Advise was given in the areas of Succession, Land and family law
- Giving Out Clothes
Clothes were given out to the people in Buwama inclusive of men, women and children’s clothes
- Giving out Beddings:
Blankets were given out to the mothers per homestead
- Pencils for the school children:
Each school going child was given Picfare pencils.
- Giving out Deworming medicine
The children were given deworming medicine.
- Giving out Mama Kits
Expecting mothers were given mama kits.
- Giving out Tooth paste and tooth brushes from Colgate:
The children were sensitised about oral hygiene and each child was given two toothbrushes and Colgate.
- Reusable sanitary towels:
Girls aged 12 to 17 years were given reusable pads.
- HIV Testing and getting sensitisation on family planning methods
UHMG, AHF- Uganda Cares were present and carried out these activities
The outreach was a success and we would like to go back to Buwama and partner with more companies to meet the needs of the people.